Thursday, April 28, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In 4/29/11

Well, I made to Friday, but I may not last the entire day. The two oldest children both have prom tonight and the drama may kill me. If it doesn't, I will hopefully have pictures to share of the dresses (that we paid way too much for) and the beautiful girls in them. I wish the Soldier was here for this.

Well, it is time once again for the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In, hosted by Wife of a Sailor. If you are a MilSpouse, come over and link up!

If you are looking for the MilSpouse Weekly Round Up, click here. For my book loving friends, the latest free book post is here.


1) Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together

The Soldier travels a lot for his civilian job as well, so he is gone a good part of the year. We almost all moved to Texas, but it didn’t work out and then the orders were cut for this deployment. He spent six months prior to leaving on AD about 90 miles away and came home only 1-2 weekends a month. That wasn’t any fun. I am thankful that he is National Guard and won’t ever have to do a Korean tour. 

2) What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today 

Ask me again after this deployment is over…
Honestly, the only thing I can think of is the wonderful people I have met. The MilSpouses I know are such strong women (sorry, not a lot of men here!) and it has been good to bond together and lean on each other – even just through blogs and facebook. 

3) If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.

Most of our almost 19 year marriage, the Soldier wasn’t a Soldier… He only joined about nine years ago. There are a lot of days that I wish he hadn’t. I hate being separated all the time, but life is what it is and being a Soldier is now a part of who he is.

4) What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife 

Really, it is pretty much a blur with everyone wanting a ‘piece’ of the Soldier. I am seriously thinking of disappearing for a week or two when he comes home - so no one can come over or call. I know they want to see him too, but the kids and I need our time with him. At this point, I will probably be so totally exhausted when he comes home, I will pass out and sleep for a week!

5) If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s 
Bob (who is now 3 1/2)

Most of the names we just liked, however we have had a couple that we couldn’t agree or even come up with anything. The oldest named her little brother after her favorite television show (I promise, it is a good one) and the midwife gave him his middle name (after his daddy) since she needed to finish paperwork. The last one, we had a hard time agreeing on a name and called her Bob for a good week before actually naming her. 

Have a great weekend!

Love,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I hope deployment goes fast for you! I love the name story! New follower from the Fill-In!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Fill-in. I completely agree with hating the time apart, though my husband isn't gone as much as yours. It really is a crappy part of MilSpouse life.

    -Jessica
    http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete