Friday, April 1, 2011

Military Friday 4/1/11

Another Friday, another week and another month down. I can't wait until I am counting in days and not months!

Welcome to another Military Friday! I love spending my Fridays with my fellow MilSpouses and getting to know them better. If you are a MilSpouse, I hope you will join in on all the fun!

 

Here is this week's MilSpouse Friday Fill-In (hosted by Wife of a Sailor):




1) What romance movie scene reminds you of your spouse and the LOVE you share? submitted by Simply Sunshine and Daisy’s


2) If you were allowed to deploy with your husband to a war zone would you and why? submitted by I & J

Maybe, but not with children. Probably not a great idea though, they need to focus on mission and family would be a distraction. Distractions in a war zone are not a good thing.

A really old picture...
3) Have you ever done anything (intentionally or unintentionally) to embarrass your spouse in front of his military cohorts? submitted by Marrying the Navy

Well, the first time I pinned his new rank on him, I was putting it on (the right way!) and the Colonel that was doing the ceremony had me turn it upside down because he thought it was on wrong. It wasn’t my fault (who am I to correct a Colonel?), but it was really funny. Can you see the Soldier trying not to laugh? 

4) What is your most irrational fear?  
submitted by Eights on the Move

Answering ‘that’ knock. Probably not totally irrational, since my Soldier is deployed – but you would think I would quit having momentary panic whenever someone comes to the door unexpectedly. The poor UPS guy always gets the worst greetings at our house! 

5) If you could only live in one kind of climate for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? submitted by Many Waters

Warm and humid. I want to go back to New Orleans so bad. It is too cold and dry here. I am going to have wrinkles before I turn 35 if we don’t get out of here fast! 

This week's MilSpouse Weekly Round Up is hosted by
An Expeditionary Family.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. You need to go to Guam. They do warm and humid the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share the same irrational fear... :-/ Followed you from the mil•spouse round-up. Love the red & white polka dots! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been a military spouse (whew!)
    Our family is grateful for those who serve. My prayers are with you for peace until you are once again in your husband's arms...........Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...cute promotion story! he doesn't look like he minds too much ;) i laughed at your fear explanation, but there's a lot of truth to it for me too...it might not always be sensical, but sometimes my imagination gets the better of me. poor ups/paper delivery guy/girl scout who comes to the door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The promotion story is funny...so true you don't correct the Col.

    Your fear is not irrational...I think every military spouse has that fear. I jump when the doorbell rings.

    ReplyDelete