Monday, April 18, 2011

Amazon-aholics Anonymous Needed

Hi, I’m Athena and I am an Amazon.com addict.

I love it. I spend a lot of time and money there. I even have one-click ordering and an Amazon prime membership, so I can get two day shipping (I don’t like to wait for things).

In fact, I just ordered all of the kiddos’ Easter gifts and I am not so patiently waiting for my favorite UPS man to deliver them.

I have a few things on my Amazon Wish List. Like around 75 of them. There were more, but I have been building my collection of favorite old movies. (I really like Cary Grant, just in case you ever want to get me a gift…) 

Things like this:

1916: A Novel of the Irish Rebellion 









And this: 
Grasslands Road Celtic 9-Inch Irish Claddagh Soda Bread Dish with Soda Bread Recipe 









And even this: 
Sterling Silver Pink Heart CZ Claddagh Ring Sizes 4 to 9, 5










Do you see a theme? 

The nice thing is that I get most everything for free, even my Kindle.  I always get asked how I do it. I wanted to share with you, so you can spend lots of free money at Amazon too :) 
 
I use MyPoints for any online purchase that I can. I am also a coupon addict (with six kids, I have to be!) and download my coupons from MyPoints. I spend five minutes day opening their “bonus mail” as well. For all of these (and more), I get points that I then cash in for Amazon giftcards (or lots of other options!).

Instead of using Google or Yahoo!, I use Swagbucks for my search engine. When you search, you can ‘win’ bucks which then can be exchanged for lots of things, including Amazon.com giftcards. 

And don’t forget about all the free ebooks from Amazon.com too. I have only paid (with a gift certificate of course!) for one book in the past year and that was because the Soldier wanted it.

Free makes me happy. 

So what is on your Amazon wish list? 

 Linking up this post for the MilSpouse Weekly Roundup!
Sail on over to Many Waters to link up.

Love,
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Ok...I ALWAYS forget about MyPoints! Thank you for the reminder. I need to buy the hubby a Kindle now. He won't use mine because I have it all 'ruined' with PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was previously an Amazon shopper, but I can't do it anymore. Their policy on inappropriate self-published books goes beyond my threshold for acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the free titles for my Kindle and the fact that I can get amazon gift cards with my swagbucks:)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I'm too lazy to do much to save money through coupons. It's a freaking job!!!

    Amazon does have some good stuff, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm...Would like to be more diligent with using my coupons! Often I have good intentions...clip coupons, etc...but then end up finding them expired! oh...I really do like and manage to use the Michael's and AC Moore craft coupons!

    Stopping by through MSWRU...my blog tiem is limited, but hoping to try to visit as many on this meme :o)

    Oh, & I love your "theme"...I love celtic designs! I have drawn the claddagh and celtic crosses and other celtic images int eh art that I do.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    ...hope you get a chance to visit my place :o)

    ReplyDelete