Deployments suck and I can't even begin to list all the ways that they mess things up. I am very proud of my husband and what he does, but that doesn't make it any easier to have him gone for so long.
Thanks for your prayers and don't forget to reach out to others going through this. It is nice to know that people care.
Need ideas to help someone going through a deployment? Click here to get started.
If you are here for the free Kindle books, click here for my latest list.
If you haven't entered to win a copy of Patrica Hickman's The Pirate Queen yet, hurry over here before the contest ends tonight (Friday, January 21st, 2011).
Wife of a Sailor!
Now for this week’s questions!
- What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?
Are they for real? I don't like fake people...
- Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?
I like surprises, but after 18 years it would take a lot to surprise me!
- If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live?
New Orleans. I love it there! We lived there about 12 years ago and I cried when we left. It is such a special place and I would love to be there. (See pix from my last trip to this beautiful city here. It will make you want to break out the Harry Connick Jr.)
- When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?
My Kindle :) It has my books & music on it - two of my very favorite things. I love it and especially love getting free books for it.
- Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.
Daughter, sister, wife, mother, writer, GeorgiaPeach, MilSpouse, friend, volunteer, addict (books only! LOL)
Singing Through the Rain. Come over and join us :)
Have a great weekend!