I have been a fan of Irene Hannon for a few years so when I saw her book available for a blog tour, I couldn't wait to sign up. I was not disappointed and I think she just keeps getting better. From the first page, Fatal Judgment had me hooked!
From the publisher:
U.S. Marshal Jake Taylor has seen plenty of action during his years in law enforcement. But he'd rather go back to Iraq than face his next assignment: protection detail for federal judge Liz Michaels. His feelings toward the coldhearted workaholic haven't warmed in the five years since she drove her husband--and Jake's best friend--to despair . . . and possible suicide.
As the danger mounts and Jake gets to know Liz better, he's forced to revise his opinion of her. And when it becomes clear that an unknown enemy may want her dead, the stakes are raised. Because now both her life--and his heart--are in danger.
One thing I love about about Irene Hannon's books are her characters. Jake Taylor does not disappoint as the strong, secretive, handsome hero (isn't that why we women read books anyway?). As a federal judge, Liz Michaels is not your typical simpering female either and I appreciate that. Both make you want to like them from the beginning.
The entire story is well thought out and details thoroughly researched. It is full of twists and turns, yet none so unbelievable that they couldn't happen in real life. Fatal Judgment is definitely a book that will keep you turning the pages and (if you are like me) staying up way too late to see how it ends.
I cannot wait for the next book in the Guardians of Justice series. I am sure it will be just as good, if not better than the first!
Fatal Judgment is available January 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
And don't miss Against All Odds by Irene Hannon, currently free for Kindle (or other reading app).
Now for the contest!
How to enter:
1. Main entry - Leave a comment answering the following questions: Do you stay up too late when reading a book because you hate to put it down? What was the last book that kept you up 'til the wee hours?
Bonus entries - Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
2. Like "Our Crazy Life" on Facebook (or if you already do, leave a comment letting me know!)
3. Share this post on Facebook - or any other Social Networking Site using the "Share the Love" buttons below the post. One Bonus entry per 'share', make sure to leave a comment for each entry!
4. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (or if you already do, leave a comment letting me know!)
5. Add my button to your blog (Worth two entries, leave two comments!)
Make sure you leave a way to contact you, either by having your reply-to email address set or by leaving your email address in your posts.
Contest will end Friday, 2/4/11, at 10:00 pm CST and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
Winner will be mailed a copy of Irene Hannon’s Fatal Judgment via media mail.
*Fine Print: I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book for review purposes. The opinions expressed are all mine and I was not required to give a positive review.
I hope you win ;0)