Thursday, August 19, 2010

Staying Sane During Deployment

Although I have a few friends that will testify that I lost my mind long ago, my goal is to not totally go nuts and start hiding under the bed while my Soldier is gone.

So during the next 400 and some odd days, I promise to:

1. Get out of bed and get dressed at least 5 days a week. Mondays don't count and Saturday is my day off :)

2. Stay on my diet, but splurge once a week for mental health reasons (preferably at a 'girls night out' to increase the health benefits!)

3. Connect with other wives/moms going through the same thing. It is important to be around someone who gets it. As much as others try, they just can't unless they have experienced it.

4. Faithfully read my new devotional Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives. My church gave me a free copy so I have no excuses! I would love to do a small group study to keep me accountable. If your spouse is deploying and you would like to join me (via email or facebook), let me know.

5. Have fun with my kids and not be the cranky mom. This is my last year with our oldest before she leaves for college and I really want to enjoy our time. This isn't any fun for them either.

I know I could go on and on, but five is a good start. Please remember to pray for our Soldiers and their families. The war may be "over", but for us, it is just beginning.

Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment