Friday, August 27, 2010

My Pre Deployment Rant - not the first and I am sure it won't be the last!

My 3yo is watching the Sesame Street: Talk, Listen, Connect DVD that came free from Military One Source. (Quick commerical before I start ranting...) It is a great resource and you can't beat free, so if you have little ones, do check it out.

Now... I just want to scream and then throw up. I don't want to do this. The Army and it's 400 day deployments are just stupid! And I know they will be extended. I am not an idiot and the dates don't add up to the whole 'departure timeline' to leave Iraq. I am really mad at the Montana National Guard and whoever else had the stupid idea to have their AT be three weeks this year (on lockdown) right before their federal orders. Can we please get someone with a brain running these things?

My poor 3 year old doesn't know what she is in for. She is just happy watching Elmo and right now, I hate Elmo too.

Thanks for listening to me vent. I feel a bit better, but I still want to throw up.


 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie, you have every right to be frustrated. I lift you (and all the other military mamas) up every day in prayer. You are strong, but you are human. I can't even begin to understand what you and your children go through. I do know that I am available for you to rant to at any time, so please use me.

    Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you need a celebrity lullaby! ;) Praying for you, your Elmo-loving 3 year olds and the rest of your fam. You are not alone and you are loved!

    ReplyDelete