Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update and some Kindle freebies 6/2/11

I just have a minute while the Soldier is taking a cat nap, but wanted to put a quick update up. His leave will be over soon and I appreciate any prayers you send our way. I am dreading the rest of this deployment and I don't know how the kiddos are going to handle him leaving again. 

I have said it before, but these year (plus) deployments are just too much. Too much for kids that need their daddy, too much for marriages that are strained to the breaking point. Too much for anyone to bear. 

I am thankful that he was here for the oldest's graduation. It was such a huge milestone for her and we are very proud. (You can see the news about her graduation here and here.)

I promise to be back the land of bloggers soon, as long as I don't lose my mind...

I did get five minutes on Amazon today, so here are the newest freebies (and a bunch of bargains) for Kindle. Don't forget to watch the facebook page for any additions.

The usual reminders and disclaimers:
  • Prices change often and without notice. Books are usually only free for a limited time. Always check the price before clicking 'download'.
  • You can read these books, even if you don't have a Kindle, by downloading the free app for your computer or phone. For a full list of apps, please click here. If you have been holding off on getting a Kindle, Amazon now has a reduced price one with special offers (i.e. ads on your screensaver) for only $114.
  • Please consider following my blog on Google Friend Connect or by 'liking' my Facebook page. I will post books as soon as I find them on Facebook and it usually takes a few days to make to my blog.
  • If you download a book, please 'Share the Love' by using the buttons below each post to let your friends know. And please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!
  • If you enjoy the free book posts, please consider shopping through my links when you do purchase from Amazon. The small commission I receive for your purchase helps me justify all the time I spend on this blog to my Soldier! Thanks :)
*Sorry, no pictures today. I want to spend every minute with the Soldier and they take too long :)

Free:

This Fine Life: A Novel by Eva Marie Everson

The Swan House (The Swan House Series #1) by Elizabeth Musser

Solitary: A Novel by Travis Thrasher

The Voyage of Promise by Kay Marshall Strom

Connecting in Communities: Understanding the Dynamics of Small Groups by Eddie E. Mosley

Journey to the Well: A Novel by Diana Wallis Taylor

2:46: Aftershocks: Stories from the Japan Earthquake

Bargains:

Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman ($2.99)

Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices by Frank Viola & George Barna ($.99)

Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy ($.99)

Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef ($2.99)

Have A New Kid By Friday by Kevin Leman ($2.99)

June Bug by Chris Fabry ($1.99)

Still House Pond by Jan Watson ($.99)

The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassan ($2.99)

Left Behind ($2.99)

Plain Promise by Beth Wiseman ($1.99)

Church Planter by Darrin Patrick ($2.99)

Unplanned by Abby Johnson ($2.99)

What Is the Gospel? by Greg Gilbert ($.99)

Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God by John Piper ($2.99)

90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life by Don Piper ($2.99)

The One Year Bible, New Living Translation ($2.99)

Scarlet Thread, The by Francine Rivers ($2.99)

She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell ($1.99)

A Wedding Quilt for Ella by Jerry S. Eicher ($2.99)

Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller ($1.99)

Plan B: What Do You Do When God Doesn't Show Up the Way You Thought He Would? by Pete Wilson ($2.99)

The Mentor Leader by Tony Dungy ($2.99)

Enjoy :)

Love,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded several books onto my iphone kindle. Thank you so much for posting these!!

    I'm so glad your husband got to be there for the graduation. I hope the rest of his break is good for all of you.

    ReplyDelete