Friday, March 4, 2011

MilSpouse Friday 3/4/11

It's Friday, which means I survived yet another week. This one was a close call though... I pretty much hit my wall yesterday when I had just arrived at the commissary (military grocery store) -with a 3 year-old that had to go potty. right. now. - and the 17 year-old calls me from across town to say she locked the keys in the truck. A few weeks ago, the truck 'broke', only to find out, once I paid to have it towed, she had ran it out of gas.

Unless you are a MilSpouse, you would think this was normal teenage stuff, but it isn't. It is Murphy's Law of deployment and I could pretty much write a new chapter to his book after these past 7 months.

I don't remember so much fun and drama the last deployment. Maybe my memory is shot, or maybe it is like childbirth and you forget all the bad stuff so you will do it again.

I am glad I survived it and so thankful for the Friday link ups with my MilSpouse friends. It is nice to know that I am not alone.

If you stopped by for the Kindle books, you can find the latest freebies here and the bargains here.


Now for the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In. A big thank you to Wifey at Wife of a Sailor for putting up questions each week. It is so much fun! 

borrowed from tvrage.com
1) Do you ever wish your spouse was in a different branch of the military? submitted by The Turner Family

I probably shouldn’t answer this, just in case he is reading it… However, ever since JAG, I have really liked the Navy uniforms ;0) 

2) What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why? submitted by Every Branch

Well, since we are National Guard, we don’t really worry about this. But if I had a list like that, where we are would be at the top… I really want to be near a city and in a much warmer place. 

3) If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why? submitted by Three Krakens

I have been 29 for a while now, so we will just go with that! 

4) If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be? submitted by the C.W.

Lucky Charms. No creative reason, other than I love the marshmallows!

5) What is your morning beverage of choice and why?  submitted by NH Girl Displaced

Diet Coke. Used to be regular coke, but I am trying to cut back on sugar. I hate coffee. I have never been able to drink it, but don’t worry, Soldierboy drinks enough for the both of us. 

And don't forget to come over and link up for the MilSpouse Weekly Round Up! Hosted this week by The Lily Pad

Have a great weekend!
Love,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling the wrath of Murphy's Law in regards to deployment this week myself. I am glad the week is over with to say the least.

    I am a big fan of Lucky Charms! It was the only thing I could keep down during my 1st trimester! There is a little Amish market here that sells giant bags of JUST the marshmallows that they make themselves and they are amazing!

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lucky charms and diet coke. We are national guard too, I have not been through the first deployment, but we have heard that it could be the end of this year.

    ReplyDelete