Unfortunately, that is deployment and I hate it, but we are surviving and have hit the half way point. I sure hope the next 6 1/2 months (or so) go by fast and without as much craziness as the first!
For those who entered the giveaway for Mel Starr's "A Trail of Ink", the winner is montanabookworm! Congrats on your win :)
If you are here for the latest free books, I hope to have a post up soon. However, quite a few of them are up on my Facebook page. I post them there as I find them, so it is much faster than waiting for me to get a chance to blog about them.
As for Kindle Bargains, selected games are only $0.99 for a limited time (3/27). I am enjoying the Solitare, but keep losing at Chess. Click here for a list of the discounted games.
Wife of a Sailor to join in on the fun!
1) What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
My Kindle, of course! I love it. It has my books, games and even plays my music. I carry it everywhere!
2) How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
I can’t really remember… I know I wanted to be a vet and take care of animals. That ended when I realized how much school it entailed. As a middle-schooler, I was sure I would never have children. I loved playing with my nephew, but didn’t want any of my own. I was going to be the cool aunt that took him all over the world, but had no real responsibility in the end. Not sure how I ended up here, except that I met Soldier boy!
3) What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
I don’t have one! We do a lot of cooking and bread baking, but not a lot of desserts. I can’t wait to read everyone's posts for ideas!
4) How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I go MIA from my blog for two weeks ;0)
5) What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Write letters. Is it bad that I don’t follow my own advice? I wrote long letters, almost like a journal on the last deployment and I think it helped me and I like to think it was helpful for the Soldier too.
Also, don’t listen to all the negative stuff. I don’t do FRG meetings for that reason. I don’t need that drama, I have enough of my own thank you.
Link up at Turn for the Nurse for MilSpouse Weekly Roundup!
Have a great weekend!