So a quick update... I am back from spending four precious days with my Soldier. I promise a post with pictures soon - just as soon as I catch up on some sleep and housework!
While I was gone, I was given an award from Rachel at Flying High: Life of an Air Force Wife. I appreciate that someone, other than the close friends I threaten, read my blog :) Thanks Rachel!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy.
4. Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
My 7 things (these might be cheesy, it has been a long week!):
1. I love old movies. Especially anything with Cary Grant. "Indiscreet" is one of my favorites along with "Mr. Blanding's Builds His Dream Home". I don't think much good comes out of Hollywood anymore, so I tend to stick to the Classics.
2. Neither my friends, husband or children appreciate my taste in music. My favorites include John McDermott and The Irish Tenors. I can listen to Scotch & Irish music all day long, but they also sing so much more, including some Broadway tunes. One of my new favorites is "For Good" done by Anthony Kearns of The Irish Tenors.
3. I enjoy writing. I even had my first 'published for money' article in MomSense magazine this summer. I hope to have more, but that would require time to write and edit and I haven't had much of that lately. I have also written for Army Wife Network and Faith Deployed.
4. I am an avid reader. I finally got a kindle(!) and unfortunately, haven't been able to do much reading on it yet. I usually devour a book in a matter of hours, so I appreciate the freebies that the publishers put out on Amazon.com. I especially enjoy reading Historical Fiction. Some of my favorite authors are Tricia Goyer, Elisa Morgan, Julie Barnhill and Liz Curtis Higgs. Amazing, talented women!
5. I have lived all over the US - including New Orleans, LA (my fav) and Seattle, WA (a close 2nd). I tell people that I married a man who was supposed to get me out of this one-horse town and he brought me back. I hope we can retire someplace warm and with a bit more culture. Being back in Louisiana last week has made me homesick...
6. I don't really like holidays (or maybe it is just the commercialization of them). Yes, it is great to experience them through my kids and their excitement, but I am not into big productions and would much rather live a simple life and just enjoy being with my family. Don't expect any blow up Santa in my front yard...
7. I love volunteering for Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS). I have been involved for over ten years and can't imagine not being a part of it. I don't know of any other group or organization that celebrates motherhood at this level and helps equip women to be the best mom they can be. I am proud to be a part of "no mom alone".
Passing this award along...
1. Wifey @ Wife of a Sailor. I really appreciate her Friday Fill-In each week that helps me connect with other MilSpouses.
2. Wife on a Roller Coaster @ Riding the Roller Coaster
3. Jenn @ Day to Day with Jenn
4. Lynn @ The Ladybug Chronicles
5. Amber @ Fully Engaged (I know she hasn't posted in a while, but you will have to forgive her. They have been busy building a house while living with her in-laws...)
6. Say What? (she also has a great home school blog too!)
7. Ivymama @ Ivy Six-Pack is a wonderful real life friend too. Pray for her and her husband as my six kiddos and I descend on them for Thanksgiving :)
So there you go! Hopefully you won't find me frightfully dull after reading my list! Thanks again Rachel.
Come back soon for the promised pictures of New Orleans and if you have kiddos, I will be having a contest starting on Thursday! We will be away a copy of "What's in the Bible?" by the creator of Veggie Tales. (In fact, if you are one of my few (but loyal) readers, share this post on facebook for an extra entry for the contest! Be sure to leave a comment letting me know you shared it!)
Hope you had a blessed weekend!