Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pressing My Luck

I hate to admit it, but I can't help but feel like we are pushing our luck with a second deployment. I mean, he came home alive and one piece the first time, so why do it again?

The old T.V. game show "Press Your Luck" keeps running through my head. (I admit it, I watched way too much television when I was a kid.) I am one of the contestants shouting "no whammies!" and pressing the button one more time. I never could figure out why they didn't just keep the trip to Hawaii or the car and they had to go one more round.

I know that God is not up there going, "I can't believe they didn't stop when they were ahead!" and we shouldn't worry about tomorrow when eternity is secured. I just can't help my moments of human weakness sometimes. Is it okay to pray "no whammies!"?

 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Jon is pressing his luck too...3rd deployment and all. I try not to think that this could be the "one". I have this terrible feeling that if I think negatively then it will be my fault if something goes wrong. Not that we have any control of course.

    ReplyDelete