August has been just flying by and it is hard to believe that summer is almost over! I know I haven't been the most consistent blogger, but I have been traveling a bit and hope to get some posts and pictures up soon.
Today is a big day, as our oldest is starting college. It doesn't seem possible that she is grown up (and it doesn't seem possible that I am old enough to be the mother of a college student!) Most of this afternoon will be taken up trying to figure out what to wear to freshman orientation. I suppose I need to look like a grown up ;0) I do wish her father was here for this, but I know we are in the finishing stretch of this deployment and it will be over soon.
While you are here, don't miss my contest to win a copy of "The Colonel's Lady" by Laura Franz and come back later this week to win a copy of Sarah Sundin's "Blue Skies Tomorrow". (Don't miss Sarah's Kindle giveaway!) I love being able to give books away and my Soldier loves that they don't take up space on the overflowing bookshelves!
The usual reminders and disclaimers:
- Prices change often and without notice. Books are usually only free (or reduced) for a limited time. Always check the price before clicking 'download'.
- You can read these books, even if you don't have a Kindle, by downloading the free app for your computer or phone. For a full list of apps, please click here. If you have been holding off on getting a Kindle, Amazon now has a reduced price one with special offers (i.e. ads on your screensaver) for only $114.
- Please consider following my blog on Google Friend Connect or by 'liking' my Facebook page. I will post books as soon as I find them on Facebook and they aren't always free long enough to make it to the blog.
- If you download a book, please 'Share the Love' by using the buttons below each post to let your friends know. And please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!
- If you enjoy the free book posts, please consider shopping through my links when you do purchase from Amazon. The small commission I receive for your purchase helps me justify all the time I spend on this blog to my Soldier! Thanks :)
Bargains! 12 Learning Games from Amazon for $.99:
(active content does not work on Kindle for PC)
Have a wonderful week!