Monday, August 22, 2011

Free & Bargain Ebooks for Kindle 8-22-11

August has been just flying by and it is hard to believe that summer is almost over! I know I haven't been the most consistent blogger, but I have been traveling a bit and hope to get some posts and pictures up soon. 

Today is a big day, as our oldest is starting college. It doesn't seem possible that she is grown up (and it doesn't seem possible that I am old enough to be the mother of a college student!) Most of this afternoon will be taken up trying to figure out what to wear to freshman orientation. I suppose I need to look like a grown up ;0)  I do wish her father was here for this, but I know we are in the finishing stretch of this deployment and it will be over soon.

While you are here, don't miss my contest to win a copy of "The Colonel's Lady" by Laura Franz and come back later this week to win a copy of Sarah Sundin's "Blue Skies Tomorrow". (Don't miss Sarah's Kindle giveaway!) I love being able to give books away and my Soldier loves that they don't take up space on the overflowing bookshelves!

The usual reminders and disclaimers:

  • Prices change often and without notice. Books are usually only free (or reduced) for a limited time. Always check the price before clicking 'download'.
  • You can read these books, even if you don't have a Kindle, by downloading the free app for your computer or phone. For a full list of apps, please click here. If you have been holding off on getting a Kindle, Amazon now has a reduced price one with special offers (i.e. ads on your screensaver) for only $114.
  • Please consider following my blog on Google Friend Connect or by 'liking' my Facebook page. I will post books as soon as I find them on Facebook and they aren't always free long enough to make it to the blog.
  • If you download a book, please 'Share the Love' by using the buttons below each post to let your friends know. And please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!
  • If you enjoy the free book posts, please consider shopping through my links when you do purchase from Amazon. The small commission I receive for your purchase helps me justify all the time I spend on this blog to my Soldier! Thanks :)
The Invitation: A Simple Guide to the Bible 







Steppin' into the Good Life 







Monday Night Jihad 







Hurricanes in Paradise 







Clear Blue Sky 






Sixteen Brides







Frontiersman's Daughter, The: A Novel






Vigilante's Bride, The






A Kiss of Adventure
Prayers for Today Sampler: A Yearlong Journey of Contemplative Prayer






RV Cooking Cookbook (Gooseberry Patch Classics) 








Dinners Made Easy 






The Everything Guide to Study Skills (Everything Series)






The Everything College Survival Book, 3rd Edition (Everything Series)








Organized Teacher, Happy Classroom







The Slackers Guide to U.S. History








I'm an English Major--Now What? 






Robert's Rules of Writing

 






Grammatically Correct




































Bargains! 12 Learning Games from Amazon for $.99:
(active content does not work on Kindle for PC)

Math Star








Spelling Star Spanish Edition 







Ultimate Math Skills Quiz 







Flash Cards: Basic Math for Kids







Scripps Spelling Bee: Word Games







Letter Landers







Flash Cards: Fractions for Kids 







Flash Cards: Animals for Kids 






Flash Cards: Alphabet and Spelling for Kids









Ultimate Shakespeare Quiz 








Spelling Star Spanish Edition 






Flash Cards: Foods for Kids





















Have a wonderful week! 

Love,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Athena! I chose several of the books you've offered..........Denise

    ReplyDelete