So, in addition to volleyball practices and games, dance lessons for two, rifle and a few doctors appointments, I also had to drive the teenagers to school and pick them up. It was a long week and I bet you can only imagine the thoughts running through my head when the shop called four days later to let me know that my darling daughter had just run it out of gas...Yeah, it was a long week.
Next week, I will be going out of town (with no children!) for 'work' and a couple of girlfriend days. I am so excited that I have already started packing. I may or may not get on here for a post before I leave, but I promise pictures when I get back (and before I leave again to visit colleges with the above mentioned 17 year-old). In the mean time, would you please pray for my dear mother who will be
If you are here for the latest Kindle books, here are a few posts you may have missed:
Free e-books 2/4/11
Kindle 'Bargain' Books 2/3/11
Free e-books 1/31/11
11 e-books that I really enjoyed and are still free (as of the time of posting)
And on to MilSpouse Friday Fill-In:
Thanks so much to Wifey at Wife of a Sailor, who each week puts up new questions for us MilSpouses to answer and 'mingle'. It is a lot of fun and if you are a blogging MilSpouse, I hope you will join us!
- Since most of the country has had nasty weather, what has your weather been like this week?
Very bi-polar... It was -28 starting off and Thursday it had warmed up to about 40 degrees. I hear we are supposed to get more snow this weekend though. I am so over winter...
- What is/are your best money saving tip(s)?
Um, don't take me to the mall? I am not the best at saving money, especially when the Soldier is gone. I bought a cute outfit for his homecoming today (probably the first of several since he won't be home for at least 8 more months...).
- What was your favorite vehicle you’ve ever owned??
Probably what I have now. It is a tan Chevy Suburban that Soldierboy bought for me a few years ago. I like the heated leather seats alot! However, if I could pick from any car my parents had too... I would pick their peach Mercedes Benz. I thought it was the best car ever and they traded it in when my little brother was born because they needed more room. I think that is why I resented my brother for years!
- What is a question you’d like to see asked in a future fill-in? (Your question & blog just may appear one week!)
Um, tough one! How about... What is your favorite MilSpouse blog? (not including Wife of a Sailor - who we all love or your own!)
- Fill in the blank: You might be a MilSpouse if….
(I will be including some of your answers in a future post (with a link to your blog, of course!)
- you don't panic when the GYN walks into the room wearing ACUs ;0)
- you don't flinch when a man with a gun asks for your ID at the grocery store!
- your 8yo son tells you how the mall 'downtown' is not a secure location....
- your 2yo hugs every pair of legs in uniform and calls them 'daddy'.