Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day by day...

I want to apologize for not posting over the past few weeks. It has been a long month and we are now about a week and a half into this 400 day deployment. I think I am doing okay, but I am not sure it has all sunk in yet.

It is finally hitting my 3 year old. When we pulled in the driveway after church on Sunday, she saw the truck in the driveway and exclaimed "daddy's home!"  It broke my heart to try and explain that daddy is still gone. The older kids are doing as well as can be expected. I am trying to get back into a routine with school and chores and also make sure they get out of the house on a regular basis.

The oldest is applying for colleges and I am excited for her, but sad that her father will  miss her graduation and that she will be gone when he returns next year. I am trying not to dwell on it, but it is such a huge milestone and I never imagined that he wouldn't be next to me as she walks across in her cap and gown or as I drive her to her new college and say goodbye.

I am going to a girl's night out tonight. I can't begin tell you enough how thankful I am for friends who take my kids to AWANA on Wednesdays or force me to leave the house even when I don't want to - but know I should.

I am trying to read everyday and have started two books with daily readings. The One Year Book of Encouragement (book review coming soon) came just in time and only God knows how much I needed it. The other came from my church. It is Battlefields And Blessings Iraq/Afghanistan Stories of Faith and Courage. It is good to read about positive things in the midst of the chaos and know that our Soldiers are not there in vain. Even if the whole world thinks this war is over.

I also just (finally!) read Here Burns My Candle: A Novel by Liz Curtis Higgs. It was an amazing book and will go crazy waiting for the sequel. Definitely 5 stars! If I get some free time I will give a review of it as later as well.

If you are a military wife going through a deployment, don't forget to come over to "Our Crazy Life" on Facebook and join in the discussion. We are going through Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives together and would love to have you join in.

Please continue to pray for our men and women in uniform and the families that they have left behind.

Love,

 Photobucket



Photo from Helena Independent Record




1 comment: